Join Margie Johnson of Shop Talk, retail consultant for this educational and motivational series prepared especially for Gloucester Main Street businesses. Recognizing that today’s highly competitive marketplace requires some “new rules for engagement”, this session has been designed to stimulate and challenge business owners and managers. The consumers’ choices are being redefined and their options on how and where to do business continue to blur.
Date: October 18, 2016 8:30AM Place: Gloucester Main Street Training Center
This interactive session’s participants will learn about the following topics:
• Creative marketing ideas to consider in your business, plus a timely list of marketing resources/tools.
• Guerrilla marketing – market share vs. mind share.
• Understanding the role of relationship marketing in today’s retail environment.
• How to critique your own marketing initiatives and those of your competitors
• Collaborative marketing/cross promotions to reach new customers
• How to help blur the line between work and play by creatively adopting a fun factor in your businesses environments (for the internal and external customers).
• Best practices of other companies that are committed to extraordinary customer service and how that translates to marketing.
• Receive Shop Talk’s “Fourth Quarter Special Dates to Celebrate” which includes numerous promotional ideas
This session will challenge each business to think creatively about their marketing, service styles, customer relations, etc. It is imperative that we enhance the clients’ “memory” of their business experiences at all Gloucester Main Street businesses.
A panel of Gloucester Main Street merchants including Karin Fary of The Nines Pet Boutique, Samantha Wills George of Split Enz Salon, Megan Brockman with Kelsick Specialty Market, and Isabelle Behnam of Lulu Birds Kitchen will share a brief overview of their successful marketing tactics and strategies.
We invite all Gloucester Main Street businesses management and staff members to this Shop Talk session. It will start at 8:30AM, October 18th, in the Main Street training center.
Maximum 30 people – must RSVP to reserve your spot – no cost – light breakfast will be provided. Please call 804-695-0700 to RSVP.